Monday, March 3, 2008

Kids say funny things

So the other day Tim was putting something away and he happened to bring his hand down on top of the edge of our lamp. He hit the edge so hard that the lamp broke (it's just an $8 target lamp... so I'm not crushed or anything) and I sort of laughed and said "oooohhh smooth move daddy". The kids were there and I really wanted them to see that it wasn't a big deal, so I told them to tell him good job and they thought it was funny. The next day Mackenzie came to me and asked when dad was going to make another "smooth move", I told her I hoped it wouldn't happen again soon and I think she was a little confused because we had had such a good time with dad's "smooth move" the day before. So I had to explain to her what it meant to have such a smooth daddy, but I think it only to confuse her that much more... we love our daddy smooth moves and all!

4 comments:

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

Adorable. I love reading about those moments!

JulieO said...

Cute pics, adorabler kids and parents, and all of you so smooth!! As smooth as E.V.O.O.!!! As nummy as "sammies"...(gag us with a spoon and call us Rachael Ray.) We love our family more than gourment food. Looking forward to the next birthday cake to blow on -tomorrow! Can't believe Kenzie's gonna be 6!!! XOXO

Elizabeth said...

Erin?! It's Lizzy Arrowsmith. I saw your blog link on Taryn Glauser's site and had to come see if it was you. I *think* it is! It's so fun to be able to catch up with people with all the blogs these days! I can't believe you're expecting #6!! Wow, you're awesome. You have such a beautiful family. I couldn't tell in the pics - but do you have twins? We are expecting #4 in August. Isn't the family life so wonderful and crazy?! My blog is at http://jedandlizzy.blogspot.com

It will be fun seeing your family updates. Do you live in Washington? We're in Spanish Fork, UT.

PJ and Rachell said...

Congratulations... on the baby... house... Tim's job with the police department... and all of the other important milestones I have missed. I found your blog on Taryns... had to say hi :)

Mark and Melissa were in our ward for this summer. It seriously took me until one of their last Sundays to realize he was your little brother. Between teaching Sunday School and spending the 3rd hour in nursery... I was never in the halls. Anyhow- he said you are an AMAZING mom. And I totally believe it. You guys must be some of the most fun parents ever.

Would love to see you sometime :)